......if you're confused about the pronunciation you can look to your right and get a detailed description! My whole life I have had to deal with people pronouncing it wrong. That's just what you get when you have a name that's uncommon. So let me tell you a little bit about it, it's Scandinavian, the original spelling is Kjirsten, and it is pronounced pretty close to how it's spelled. Now here's my big thanks to Ingrid Blomquist for teaching me that one! It means stone church, so now the question I have always had is how well does my name really fit me? I think my parents did good!Sorry to all of my friends who I don't get to see as often as I would like!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Kirsten........
......if you're confused about the pronunciation you can look to your right and get a detailed description! My whole life I have had to deal with people pronouncing it wrong. That's just what you get when you have a name that's uncommon. So let me tell you a little bit about it, it's Scandinavian, the original spelling is Kjirsten, and it is pronounced pretty close to how it's spelled. Now here's my big thanks to Ingrid Blomquist for teaching me that one! It means stone church, so now the question I have always had is how well does my name really fit me? I think my parents did good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel your pain! Odd names are hard to have - BUT it is totally you!
Post a Comment