There are things we can do to slow the onset of Alzheimer's, as well as medications that can be taken. The most important thing though is to recognize the signs early enough to make a difference. Remember that above all a healthy diet and regular exercise can postpone the onset of most diseases. I love you all, so lets think healthy!!
Sorry to all of my friends who I don't get to see as often as I would like!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
RIP Grandma
So we saw it coming, but it still hurts a little. Yesterday my moms mother passed away. She was only 73 years old, but suffered from Alzheimer's, and diabetes. About 2 weeks ago her kidneys failed, and it had been a waiting game ever since. She isn't feeling any more pain now, and I'm certain that her memory is now crystal clear. For her happiness, I am so glad that her wait is finally over. I want to take a moment for every one to think about Alzheimer's, and the affect it has on many families. My great grandpa (grandma's dad) died from Alzheimer's in his early 80's, so far my grandam is the only one of her siblings showing serious symptoms. But these can happen to anyone, and it is always good to be aware of the signs and symptoms. Please take some time to check out this web site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
(((hugs))) I'm so sorry Kirsten. Losing a grandparent is hard, even when you know it's coming. At least she is at peace and no longer in pain.
Kir - I am so sorry to hear about your grandma! I seriously know how much it hurts to have someone close to you pass - even though you know it's coming! She was such a fun lady - and I'm so glad you introduced me to her! Lots of love is coming your way from Utah! IF you need to vent, cry, or just talk you know my number!
Love you Kirsten.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to let your emotions out. I think it's important when you loose someone to be able to mourn and face how you really feel. I'll be thinking of you-
Big hugs from me
So sorry to hear about your loss but you are right that she is in a better place out of pain and can remember everything.
Post a Comment