Now I'll give you the low down. I hate Valentines Day. It doesn't just annoy me, I really despise it. I can't believe that so many women could be so obsesed with such a silly holiday. All it's really about is retailers making money off of women with low selfesteem who need reassuance about thier relationships. So now I would like to urge my single friends, and married friends alike to step up and refuse to let this silly day lebel your relationship, or lack there of.
Sorry to all of my friends who I don't get to see as often as I would like!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
That Time of Year Again
Many of you probably don't know my true feelings about valentines day. It may be a week and a half away, but it is already EVERYWHERE! Now before I let loose on my true feeli
ngs let me tell you what my wonderful husband gave me! It's my "Valentines" gift but we agreed to call it a just becasue he loves me gift because of my Valentines Day feelings.
Now I'll give you the low down. I hate Valentines Day. It doesn't just annoy me, I really despise it. I can't believe that so many women could be so obsesed with such a silly holiday. All it's really about is retailers making money off of women with low selfesteem who need reassuance about thier relationships. So now I would like to urge my single friends, and married friends alike to step up and refuse to let this silly day lebel your relationship, or lack there of.
Now I'll give you the low down. I hate Valentines Day. It doesn't just annoy me, I really despise it. I can't believe that so many women could be so obsesed with such a silly holiday. All it's really about is retailers making money off of women with low selfesteem who need reassuance about thier relationships. So now I would like to urge my single friends, and married friends alike to step up and refuse to let this silly day lebel your relationship, or lack there of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a pretty ring! I understand how you feel about holidays too. When Grant and I got married the first thing I told him was when holidays come around, I just wanted us to use it as an extra excuse for us to plan something fun together or use it as a family date. That's what our "gift" would be. - Just hanging out and enjoying it. :0)
Amen Sistah!
I totally agree. Sure it's fun to celebrate love and maybe go on a date.....but if you HAVE to make Valentines day HUGE and obsess about it, it's probably because you lack the love during the rest of the year.
I gave Thad his gift early too, mostely cause I just couldn't wait. Having an over done V-day will never make up for having a lifetime of caring and loving ;)
Oh, and CUTE RING.
sEE ya soon ;)
I agree with you totally. I like to call Valentines day Singles awareness day. LOL. I agree with you that its just another reason to spend money. Steve and I don't celebrate V-day. Your daughter is getting big. I have forgotten how fast they grow.
Post a Comment