Sunday, September 7, 2008

getting older......what does that say about their mom!



Well as much as I hate to admit it, it's that time of year again! My babies are getting much too old. If any of you know of a way to keep them small a little bit longer, I would be grateful for the advise! But since I haven't found that miricle cure for aging, my children have once again become a year older! Yesterday was their birthday party, and today my little man is 6 years old, on the 10th baby girl turns 7, not much of a baby any more! My how time flies. It seams like only yesterday they were little babies who slept, ate pooped and cuddled. Now that the easy part is over all I have left of my babies is 2 old monsters!

The biggest change I have experienced as the kids have gotten older is the increasing number of other kids at their party. When they were little we would invite close family and friends and there was a minimum number of children. Now when we have birthday parties the children usually out number the adults! We now experience the true essence of a child's birthday party! The other big change is the number of toys they receive at the party. As babies they were given a lot of cloths, but now it's toy central. (just for reference, it took me 2 1/2 hours this morning to remove these toys from their insanely

complex packaging) And now that my fingers hurt from opening and assembling, and now that all of the screaming yelling, and running has stopped, it's time to clean my kitchen and try to restore my home to it's original state! All and all, I have to say that the party was a success, and we had so much fun with everybody! Thank you to every one who came and celebrated their birthdays, and for those who didn't make it, we miss you, and hope to see you soon!
As a side note, I would like to mention one very important lesson which I learned. My house is not ready for baby! Having a one and two year old in the house made that very clear to me!!! But what can I say?? I have a 6 and 7 year old!!
Love you all!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Happy Birthday to your kids!

~Michaela said...

Big birthday wishes to your big babies. I know, it's crazy how fast they grow up. I was just giving Elsa a hard time about that while brushing her teeth tonight. I told her she's getting so big I can hardly carry her upside down any longer. And then I went on and on about how I'm not looking forward to her getting bigger and moving out with some guy she falls in love with. She then assured me for like hundredth time that she's never going to move out. Ha! For some reason I have a hard time believing her. I think I'm going to ask for it in writing, just in case ;)
luvs