What a crazy week! Ok so it's been a week and a half but still we have been so busy, I have hardly had time to think, let alone Blog. So let me pick up where I was supose to over
a week ago. Austin had his christmas program on Friday December 19th.
I was not able to go becasue I had to work, but Dusty went. Austin was so excited about Dusty and Granny being there that he had a hard time even sitting with his class! He really wanted to give Dusty a high five, but his teacher made him stay with the class! He's a crazy kid for sure! They had a great program, and when it was over he got to go home with Dusty and Granny and they picked Missy up and went to Grandma and Grandpa's house with Popey and Granny!
The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins, Chase, Dustin, Bradley, and Tynan. Dusty and I joined them when we finally got off work. After dinner we started a pool tournament in the basement, I was very surprised that despite my large pregnant belly I could actually still shoot a descent game of pool!
And now we come to Christmas morning! We had a house full for breakfast, and then Malcolm had to go to work! So we had to keep the kid-o's occupied while Popey, Un
cle Brandon, and Uncle Derwin drove him over to Jackson for work. We watched lots of Christmas video's, and then let them open these really cool cars that Gran
dpa Craig, and Grandma Terry sent them! They are called Plasma Cars, and the kids LOVE them! They will be terrors in the neighborhood with them this summer, but for now they enjoy just driving them around the house! Austin and Dusty got a set of marshmallow guns from Grandma Di, so now I will get to pick marshmallows up all over my house! Thank you Grandma Di!!! They can't wait to shoot them at each other! Once things settled down around our house we were able to relax before cooking dinner.
After dinner Popey, Granny and Derwin all went home, but Grandma Di and Chris g
ot snowed in when all of the roads closed, so they stayed the night, and Brandon hung around for a while! It was fun to have them here, and the kids sat up with us to play a game of Phase 10 dice. Austin gave up and went to bed half way through the game, but Melyssa was a trooper and played the whole game! But in the end, Brandon beat her by 1 point! As for the picture, this is Stanley deciding that moms fat prego belly made a good pillow! LOL, the funny thing is that Lindsay didn't even mind. She didn't squirm and kick him off like she usually does when something or some one invades her bubble! So there is my quick catch up on Christmas! Now lets get to the reason I haven't written sooner............on Friday I started having contractions, so by the end of the day there was a window of time that the pass to Jackson would be open and we took the opportunity to head over and get checked. Sorry folks, no baby yet, but I have hypertension, so I am now on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. I spent 27 hours in the hospital doing tests, only to come home and wait until Friday for further news! Don't' worry though I'll keep you posted on our progress. More baby news on Friday!
Unfortunately Dusty still beat me, but that's OK because
I know when I am not pregnant I can really give him a run for his money! In the end, Darren and Steven won when Grandpa scratched on the 8 ball! Tough luck for him and Dad! Then we did our family gift exchange. The kids were very excited about giving
presents to their cousins! They were excited about giving them too, but for some reason my kids get just as excited (if not more) about giving people gifts! They also got presents from Grandma and Grandpa, who were not going to join us for our Christmas day events. Austin and Chase both got these really cool "Support Recess" shirts! Austin can't wait to go back to school next week so that he can wear it! All in all it was a great family get together. Big thanks to Grandma who for some reason still likes to have here house full with all of our shenanigans, and crazy kids! And to Grandpa, he's certainly a good sport!
And now we come to Christmas morning! We had a house full for breakfast, and then Malcolm had to go to work! So we had to keep the kid-o's occupied while Popey, Un
After dinner Popey, Granny and Derwin all went home, but Grandma Di and Chris g
1 comment:
Oh my Kirsten,
Sounds like you guys really did have a SUPER busy week. I can't believe that you're getting so close to baby time. That is so exciting...who knows, you might even be popping the little bundle out while I'm typing this :)
Good luck. Can't wait to see her!
Post a Comment